Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh
Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh works across the city with families who are experiencing difficulties with substance use. Working in individuals’ own homes or in community settings, Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh helps and supports parents to make positive changes in their lives. This positive influence will improve family living and make it safer and healthier for them and their children.
Who we work with
Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh works with:
• parents who are experiencing difficulties as a result of their substance use and who have children,
• pregnant women and women with young babies,
• lone fathers with care of their children who have parenting and substance use issues.
Funding and partnership
Partners that provide continued support include Children and Families Social Work, Sure Start, Craigmillar Community Partnership, Leith Community Partnership, YWCA, the Cordis Trust and R S MacDonald Charitable Trust.
Services & Outcomes
Service aim and what we offer
Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh aims to encourage better parenting and enhance childhood experiences by providing a variety of services to meet the needs of children and families in Edinburgh.
This aim is achieved through a variety of methods including:
• comprehensive family assessment,
• individualised care plans and support packages,
• parenting work,
• a focused approach on the safety and wellbeing of children,
• an opportunity for parents experiencing drug and/or alcohol issues to consider, explore and choose positive lifestyle options,
• encouraging parents to take responsibility,
• individual support for children to increase their resilience.
General service information
• Core service hours are 8am-8pm Monday to Saturday dependent on the needs of the family.
• Referrals can be taken over the phone and can come from any professional involved with the family. We also accept self-referrals.
• Aberlour Family Outreach - Edinburgh works with families whose children are 16 years old or younger.
This service contributes to the following Scottish Government’s National Outcomes.
• Our young people are successful learners, confident individuals, effective communicators and responsible citizens.
• Our children have the best start in life and are ready to succeed.
• Our children live longer, healthier lives.
• The life chances for children young people and families at risk have improved.
• Our children live safe from crime, disorder and danger.
30 Harvesters Way
- 0131 453 9110