Become a foster carer
Every child has the right to live in a home where they get the care, support and encouragement they need to grow and develop. Fostering is a way of offering children and young people a home when their own family is unable to look after them. At Aberlour we have an excellent reputation for caring for vulnerable and neglected children and with your help, we can assist many more.
Our foster carers are part of a very special team and Aberlour Fostering receives the backing of experienced social workers, family workers, therapists, teachers and health advisers to ensure that all aspects of a child’s needs are met.
Could you be part of our team and help fill the gap in a child’s life? We are looking for families and individuals who want to make a difference by becoming foster carers.
We urgently need foster carers from a wide range of backgrounds.
Our foster carers come from all walks of life but they all have the determination to give love and stability to a child.
- You may be single, married or be in a long term stable relationship.
- You may have children of your own or may have life or work experiences which give you the skills for fostering.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be able to offer a child a room of their own within your home.
- You may be employed but at least one foster carer must be available within the home to provide full-time care.
- You will be located in Fife, Perthshire, Dundee, Edinburgh or Central Scotland areas.
- You will have a real interest in helping children in difficulty and be keen to receive the training and support on offer.
We provide intensive 24 hour support for our foster carers in addition to foster care fees and maintenance allowances. We also help you through the process to become approved foster carers.
For more information, please see the Aberlour Fostering booklet
Contact Aberlour Fostering on 01592 591500 or