Access Your Records

Were you or your relatives in the orphanage or one of our other services? 

We have been able to help lots of people trace their family trees, by providing details from our archives, about relatives who spent time in our services. We are also able to help individuals to trace their own records, if they have spent time in our care.

please consider supporting our work

At Aberlour, we rely on your generous donations to fund our work with Scotland’s most vulnerable children and families. We are pleased to offer our services, which are currently provided on a volunteer basis, to help search for records of your time in Aberlour’s care, or those of your relatives.

To help cover our costs, we ask you to consider making a suggested donation of £20, but all contributions are gratefully received. We hope you understand and consider helping us continue to provide the search service, as well as our services for children and families.

how to access records

Data Protection: Please note, if you are requesting access to your own record you must provide a valid form of ID such as copy of your birth certificate or photocopy of your driving license or passport. If you are not requesting information from your own file we will require proof of ID from yourself plus confirmation of your relationship to the person who owns the file you are requesting. For example, this could be a power of attorney (or similar) if the person is still alive or the person’s death certificate. Another option is to include a copy of your birth certificate if you are requesting information on your parent.