Are you interested in accessing childcare training? Would you like to achieve the qualifications you need, to set you on the path to a career working with children? Or do you already have experience working with children, but would like to develop further?
If so, Aberlour Futures – Aberdeen City & Shire can help.
how we help
We are an SQA accredited training and assessment centre with over 25 years experience of delivering vocational qualifications and training with and for the early learning and childcare workforce in Aberdeen City & Shire.
We partner with local childcare employers so that staff can acquire new skills and knowledge. As a result, we improve their competence in working with children and young people.
Our courses include SVQs for adults who already have experience working in the sector. In addition, young people (aged 16-19) can receive a funded training place on a Modern Apprenticeship programme.
- SVQ in Social Services (Children and Young People) – SCQF Levels 6, 7 and 9
- SVQ in Playwork – SCQF Levels 6, 7 and 9
- Modern Apprenticeship programme for young people aged 16-19 and 20-24
- Developing the Young Workforce
- Skills for Work in Early Education and Childcare, SCQF Levels 5 and 6 – in partnership with local secondary schools
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF Level 6 – in partnership with Machar Academy
continuing professional learning courses:
We offer a wide range of skills workshops and bespoke training. Courses include:
- Child Development and Attachment
- Pre-birth to 3
- Observation Assessment and Planning
- Curriculum for Excellence
- Building the Ambition
- Loose Parts for Free Play
advanced qualifications for lead practitioners and managers:
- Technical Apprenticeship SCQF Level 9
- Professional Development Award (PDA) in Childhood Practice Award at SCQF Level 9