How to make a complaint or give a compliment

we want to be the best – how are we doing?

We expect the service you receive from Aberlour to be excellent.

If it is, you might want to send a message of appreciation to a team or staff member. Please share your message by emailing enquiries@aberlour.org.uk.

You might also want to make a suggestion about how our services could be improved.  We welcome these views as it allows us to learn, improve and maintain our reputation as a leading child care charity.

On the other hand, you may not be happy with the service.  There may be something you have been unable to resolve directly with our staff.  We would encourage you to bring any complaints or issues to our attention as soon as possible so that we can work towards resolving your problem and make and necessary improvements.

Aberlour has a strict policy of confidentiality and we aim to take good care of any information we have about you.  We will only retain information for the purposes for which you have provided it.

Firstly, please speak with a member of staff or local manager, who will seek to resolve the issue through Frontline Resolution. You should expect your complaint to be resolved within five working days. Exceptionally, further time may be needed to obtain further information and, if so, you will be advised.

It may be that you do not feel comfortable raising the matter locally, or you may feel that the matter hasn’t been resolved by Frontline Resolution. In these circumstances you can ask for the matter to be dealt with by contacting Aberlour’s Quality and Safeguarding Manager who will arrange for the matter to be fully investigated. You should receive an acknowledgement within three working days and a full response to your complaint no later than 20 days from the time the complaint is received by Aberlour.

In these circumstances, please write to us at Quality and Safeguarding Manager, Aberlour, Kintail House, Forthside Way, Stirling, FK8 1QZ or email enquiries@aberlour.org.uk and make your email out to the Quality and Safeguarding Manager.

If, exceptionally, your complaint has not been resolved through the above processes, you have the right to approach the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman or Care Inspectorate who will consider the matter.

You can write to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman at FREEPOST SPSO (This is all you need to write on the envelope and you don’t need to use a stamp).

Freephone: 0800 377 7330

Online: www.spso.org.uk/contact-us

Web: www.spso.org.uk


You can contact the Care Inspectorate at

Care Inspectorate , Scotland

Compass House

11 Riverside Drive



Telephone: 0345 600 9527