- Return to service theme:
- Early years
Play is crucially important for children. But It’s not just vital for their own fun and enjoyment; it also has a critical role in child development. Regular time spent playing will help children to learn skills they will use when they are older, like using their imagination, learning how to negotiate and interacting with others around them.
This is why Aberlour is part of Aberdeen Play Forum.
what is Aberdeen play Forum?
Aberdeen Play Forum was set up to act as a strategic voice across Aberdeen. Its role is to increase play opportunities across the city, by working with public, private, voluntary and community organisations.
how do we help?
Aberlour is one of a number of partners working together as part of the forum.
- Offer a range of organised sessions in parks and green spaces during school holidays
- Organise special large-scale outdoor sessions to celebrate
- Deliver training workshops as part of dedicated Early Years and Childcare workshops
- Deliver bespoke training at conferences and development days, designed for particular clients
- Offer sessions in schools and at after-school clubs
- Work with volunteers to improve parks and gardens for children to enjoy
find out what we’re up to next
Advice for Single Parents: