- Return to service theme:
- Early intervention
We support families living in the North West, Govan and Pollok areas of Glasgow. Working on a one to one basis and in groups in a variety of community, school and home settings, this service supports some of the most disadvantaged to reduce their isolation and be better engaged with their communities, building their resilience and supporting positive health and wellbeing.
How we help families
Supporting families at home through a range of practical, emotional and therapeutic support to help improve the life chances of families, and increase their confidence, wellbeing and resilience
- We support to women and children who are or have experienced Domestic Abuse, helping them to overcome their trauma
- We also offer access to specialist Housing advice and support from our partner, Shelter.
Supporting children in school to improve their attainment and help them to reach their potential.
- We give children a trusted person they can talk to in a school setting. This important relationship makes it easier for them to talk about problems they may have at home.
- We work closely with school staff and attend school meetings when appropriate, to make sure the whole family is getting the support they require.
- We also work with parents in their own homes, to help them create a safe and positive environment for their children.
- Where children are at risk of homelessness, we ensure schools are involved and Additional Support for Learning plans are put in place.
Supporting children and young people in their community who are being missed by other services, by meeting them on their territory – the streets.
- We support young people to make positive lifestyle choices and provide opportunities which teach skills to help them become successful adults.
- We offer youth clubs, planned activities, residential trips and issues- based workshops delivered in schools and clubs.
- We work in partnership with other agencies to support young people access opportunities which meet their needs including employment.
- We have Family support workers who will work with young people and their families to strengthen family relationships and stability for young people.
This service replaces Aberlour Youthpoint Glasgow and The Bridges Partnership.
Aberlour Glasgow Family Support Service
135 Fifty Pitches Road
0141 260 9180