- Return to service theme:
We help children and young people with disabilities to enjoy adventure holidays through a specialist short breaks service. We know that children with disabilities often miss out on the same outward bound trips as other children. They need extra support which some providers are not able to offer. Our specialist short breaks service was set up to combat that.
As we understand the needs of the families who access our services, we take care of all the organising. Firstly, we look after all the details of the trip such as accommodation and catering. Most importantly, this includes making sure that all of our children’s needs are taken care of.
Options Adventures is more than a short breaks service – it offers life enriching experiences for children and young people, and memories that will last a lifetime.
Adventure experiences include
- Rock climbing
- Team building
- Quad biking
- Football coaching
what we do
- Organise, coordinate and budget each adventure
- Provide care and support through trained and qualified care staff
- Provide a range of break lengths from one day to 4 days
- Ensure travel, catering, equipment, activities and accommodation all included
Our specialist short breaks service doesn’t just benefit the children we take on trips. it benefits all the family. Parents get a break from their roles as carers, while siblings benefit from extra time with mum or dad. In the meantime, the much-loved child with a disability, has lots of fun with us.
How can you access options Adventures?
We welcome enquiries from;
- Parents, carers and young people
- Local authorities, social workers and commissioners
- Self-directed Support organisations. These include short breaks bureaus and carers centres etc.
There is a unit cost for each break. Trips can be organised and purchased:
- Directly by the local authority (This can be through spot purchase or planned Self-directed Support)
- Directly by the family (This can be through Direct Payment or other family funds)
- By a broker or other organisation purchasing on behalf of the family
If you would like to book a child onto an adventure experience, contact us.
Find out more about Self Directed Support
Aberlour Options Adventures
36 Park Terrace