- Return to service theme:
- Residential & Fostering
Our residential child care services offer a safe and loving place to live, for children who have experienced abuse and trauma.
Our homes across Scotland each provide a stable home for vulnerable children who are unable to live with their families. There are five houses across Fife and two in the Highlands.
We look after children who confront complex feelings every day, due to the experiences they have had in childhood. They have attachment issues and low self-esteem, as a result of trauma. Many have experienced abuse and neglect. Lots have witnessed domestic violence. Some have spent their early years in the shadow of a parent’s drug use.
They deserve stability, safety and our understanding.
At Aberlour Sycamore Service, we take a therapeutic approach to helping them. This means we support them to understand and overcome their trauma. With our help, they can go on to live happy lives.
Our children benefit from
- Fostering breaks
- Opportunity to see a volunteer befriender
- Continuing support from our team in adulthood, because once a child has lived with us, we are their family. They can always return to us for help and support, as a result.
- Therapeutic short breaks.
- An individual therapeutic budget.
- If assessed as being required, an Education Support Worker can be matched with individual children to provide 1-1 support.
- The adults that care and support the children have access to regular consultations with Clinical Psychologist, Dr Shona Quin.
Aberlour Sycamore Service
West Bridge Mill
(01592) 591 500