Purpose and Aims of the role
Would you like to help young people to participate in football to help improve their health and social wellbeing? Could you spare a couple of hours a week? If the answer is yes we are currently looking for volunteers with experience of playing football.
The Glasgow Family Support team provides young people aged 8-15 years with the opportunity to take part in football over the Easter and Summer holidays.
What will I be doing?
• Assisting young people with football games
• Helping young people to have fun
• Building young people’s confidence and self esteem
• Being a positive role model.
What skills can I bring to this role?
• A specific skill set or interest in football
• Experience of working with children and young people
• A knowledge of some of the issues affecting children and young people
• Ability to work well with children and young people
• Good communication and listening skills
• Experience with building confidence and self esteem
• Ability to encourage and motivate young people to participate in activities.
What qualities do I need?
• To have a non-judgemental approach to people, have empathy
• To have a good value base, be open minded and level headed
• To be a team player
• Be enthusiastic, flexible and committed
• Reliable and approachable
• Friendly, helpful and understanding.
When will I be needed?
• Either on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 1pm -3pm
• 2-3 hours per week
Tinto Primary School, South Glasgow
What will I gain from the role?
• A sense of satisfaction in helping young people build their confidence and self-esteem to achieve their full potential
• Practical experience of working with young people
• Learning new skills
• Experience to get back into the workplace or education
• Be part of a professional and supportive team
• Have FUN!
What support will I be given?
• Induction and child protection training
• Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
• Supervision and support from your manager / coordinator
Due to Health and Safety requirements you must be at least 18 years of age to undertake this volunteering role.
For all roles involving regulated work with children, Aberlour will require the applicant to submit a PVG Scheme Record or a PVG Scheme Record Update application. This opportunity is subject to the completion of satisfactory references and successful registration on the PVG Scheme.
Aberlour Volunteering Team
Telephone – 0141 260 9180