Purpose and Aims of the role
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and families across Scotland? Are you flexible and enthusiastic? Then our fundraising team would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing?
Our volunteer roles could include helping with:
- Bag packs and Christmas wrapping
- Attending events such as T in the Park, Midstock, Rewind festival
- Raising awareness of Aberlour and attending fundraising events
- Help organise events, from a coffee morning to a gala dinner to raise funds to support our work
- Represent Aberlour at events such as cheque presentations and give talks on the work of Aberlour
- Fundraising administration support
- Photography or videography
- Generally support our work
- Connect us with people in your networks
- Coordinate the delivery and collection of fundraising cans in your area
- Actively seek out opportunities to raise the profile of Aberlour and attend or advise us of local opportunities in your area
- Recruit others within your family or friends who might be interested
- Promoting our events by helping us distribute posters, flyers etc.
What skills can I bring to this role?
- Ability to motivate others taking part in fundraising events
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Reliability and commitment
- Friendly and approachable
- Non-judgemental attitude.
What qualities do I need?
- Enthusiasm and the passion to make a difference
- Be friendly, helpful and understanding
- Ability to work well in a team
- Positive ‘can do’ approach.
When will I be needed?
- There is no time commitment, just what you feel able to give and full training will be provided. If you are interested in having fun while helping to support young people in your area, please get in touch!
What will I gain from the role?
- Excellent training
- Make new friends and meet new people
- Get out and about
- Have FUN!
- Attend social events.
What support will I be given?
- Induction training
- Specific fundraising training
- Ongoing support and supervision from our fundraising team
- All out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
Aberlour will require the applicant to complete a Disclosure application and submit this as part of our recruitment process.
0141 551 3822 or email: email@example.com