When you volunteer your time to support one of our children’s services, you will be helping make a vital different to Scotland’s most vulnerable children and young people in the most direct way possible.
We have services across Scotland from the Highlands to the Borders. Our support runs the length and breadth of Scotland because not all children are born with an equal chance. We are there for Scotland’s hidden children, when others let them down. Because every child deserves the chance to flourish.
You’ll share the ups and downs of the children and young people you are supporting and support them in good and tough times. And you’ll see the impact of your support as they reach out and flourish in the world.
Here are some examples of the roles you can get involved in:
- Mentoring a young person in care
- Befriending a young refugee or becoming a Perinatal befriender
- Helping out with children’s activities
- Being an adventure buddy in our disability services
- Being a sports mentor at our holiday programmes
- Offering young asylum seekers, the chance to learn and practise English
- Helping to run a youth club for young people
- Supporting children and families to feel less isolated and lonely
There are many other ways to get involved, please browse through our local opportunities for further information.