Purpose and Aims of the role
Aberlour Sustain North Ayrshire provides support to children and their families in North Ayrshire.
Aberlour Sustain North Ayrshire would like to recruit group activities volunteers who will support children and their families in various activities and workshops. Our aim is to enhance family life and help all members of the family improve wellbeing
What will I be doing?
- Helping with set activities and to encourage and support parents and children to be involved
- Providing emotional support
- Supporting families to attend groups.
- Opportunities to help deliver ‘worry workshops’ in schools
What skills can I bring to this role?
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate parents to participate in activities
- Understanding of parenting problems
- Friendly and caring nature
What qualities do I need?
- To have a non-judgemental approach to people
- Be empathetic
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and committed
- Friendly, helpful and understanding
- Reliability and a commitment to treat all information in a confidential manner
When will I be needed?
- 1-2 hours per fortnight
- You will be required to support the group for a minimum of 6 months
What will I gain from the role?
- A sense of satisfaction in helping families improve wellbeing and learn new skills
- Practical experience of working with children and families
- An understanding of parenting programmes
- Learning how to facilitate activities
What support will I be given?
- Child and Adult protection training
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Supervision and support from your manager / coordinator
Due to Health and Safety requirements you must be at least 18 years of age to undertake this volunteering role.
For all roles involving regulated work with children and/or protected adults, Aberlour will require the applicant to submit a PVG Scheme Record or a PVG Scheme Record Update application. This opportunity is subject to the completion of satisfactory references and successful registration on the PVG Scheme.