current job vacancies at Aberlour
what we’re about
Before you decide to work somewhere, you want to know a bit more about the organisation.
Aberlour supports children, young people and families to give them the best chance to flourish, and we’ve been doing it for over 140 years. We work with families, listening to them, to make sure they get the help they need and want, so we don’t take a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
We are progressive in our approach to work and we encourage and support our staff to be innovative and proactive in improving what we do to get better outcomes for children.
We’re really proud of our work, our staff and volunteers across Scotland and we live by the values that drive our passion to ensure every child has the chance to flourish. Our values of respect, integrity, innovative and challenging reflect what we are, how we do things and where we want to be.
We offer rewarding roles supporting children, young people and their families, as well as many other roles that support our vital work.
Whether you’re just starting out in your career or already have experience, we have positions where you can develop your skills and realise your potential.
If you would like to join us, have a look at our current vacancies.
Watch: Why I love working for Aberlour
benefits of working for Aberlour
The best thing about working for Aberlour is that you can make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and their families.
Additional benefits include:
Salary and Leave
- A competitive salary – employees can move from the bottom to the top of their scale after just 3 years’ service. We use a job evaluation system to fairly grade posts across the organisation and review salary grades annual against inflation every year.
- Unsocial hour’s allowances – employees working the full residential shift rota in our disability respite services or children’s homes, receive an additional 9% of their salary. Managers of these services receive an additional 5% allowance. Employees in services which regularly work flexible hours across weekends, early or late shifts, to meet the needs of families, receive an additional 5% of their salary.
- Christmas & New Year working is paid at time and a half.
- Sleepover rates are paid at £40 per shift.
- Annual Leave entitlement – full-time employees receive 35 days per annum, increasing a day each year over 5 years to a maximum of 40 days per annum. Part time staff are entitled to the same level of holiday pro rata.
- Pension Scheme – outwith our auto-enrolment scheme run by NEST, Aberlour offers a 5% matched contribution to our Group Personal Pension run by Scottish Widows. Pension payments by staff can be made by salary sacrifice to maximise tax savings, meaning in effect a 4% staff deduction provides a 5% pension contribution.
- Life assurance – all employees, regardless of the pension scheme used, or whether they are enrolled in a pension scheme are covered with death in service life assurance of 3 times annual earnings.
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay – for eligible employees this covers full pay for 12 weeks, plus 39 weeks’ Statutory Pay.
- Paternity Leave – 2 weeks’ full paid leave for partners to be taken on or around the time of birth or adoption.
- Parental Leave – eligible employees are entitled to 18 weeks unpaid leave to be taken by the child’s 18th birthday
- Shared Parental Leave – eligible employees can share up to a maximum of 50 weeks leave following the birth/adoption of child.
- Additional Leave such as carer’s, bereavement or domestic leave is available.
- Sickness Absence – Aberlour operate a discretionary sick pay scheme based on length of service paying 90% of full salary for a number of weeks before moving to half pay.
Support and Training
- Work life balance – Aberlour offers a number of policies to help employees achieve a greater work life balance including flexible working.
- Employee Assistance Programme is a health and wellbeing benefit available to Aberlour employees and their families. It offers access to a variety of confidential services including telephone and online counselling and legal and financial information services.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion focus on LGBT – as a Stonewall Diversity Champion, our Aberlour Pride Network is open to all and works to promote LGBT+ issues while supporting the development of inclusive policies and training.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – buy a bike and/or safety equipment up to £1,000 on a tax efficient basis for the purpose of going to and from work.
- Voluntary health care cash plans
- Discount benefits site – There are more than 5000 discounts and deals to be found on our staff benefits platform, including discount cinema tickets and reloadable store cards.
- Excellent training – each role has a specific list of mandatory training which is delivered during the induction period. Ongoing opportunities to develop staff skills and meet emerging needs are assessed at service level
- Qualifications – as an SVQ centre Aberlour staff support registered workers to meet the SVQ requirements of registration.